| Institute for Industry - Education Collaboration
|| QUICK LINKS
During their February 2010 meeting, the Academic and Students Affairs Committee of the Louisiana Board of Regents approved the formation of the Institute for Industry - Education Collaboration (IIEC) at McNeese State University.
The Institute for Industry – Education Collaboration (IIEC) is a means for McNeese State University to accomplish its mission by providing a framework for organizing and expanding its existing industry – university collaborations to “enhance economic development and cultural growth in this region and beyond.”
The objectives of the IIEC are to:
- Strengthen existing alliances between regional industry and higher education to retain more students, produce better skilled graduates and therefore shorten their path to full productivity as industry employees.
- Mobilize the region’s industry and higher education communities for collaborative action to advance the region’s growth and economic development.
- Bring regional industry and higher education leaders together to improve partnerships and help to integrate workplace skills in higher education as well as to improve the work-related skills of the existing workforce in our community.
- Transfer university-produced knowledge and expertise to industry.
- Transfer industry-produced knowledge and expertise to the university.
- Create new innovative pathways of collaboration between regional industry and higher education.
IIEC can provide the following services:
Conduct applied research in science and engineering.
Organize seminars and workshops under the Lake Area Industries/McNeese Engineering Partnership (LAI/MEP).
Organize courses at the Gulf Coast Flowserve Satellite Training Site.
Write and submit grants to attract training and/or research funds.
Offer training for practicing engineers and technicians (technical workforce).
Offer technical and non-technical professional development courses.
Promote Industry Sponsored Senior Design/Research Projects.
Identify quality students/graduates who seek employment with industry.
Facilitate the translation of technical innovations to the marketplace (product development).
Assist with technology transfer, licensing issues, product commercialization.
Guide, counsel, and support start-up businesses with technical product issues.
Offer meeting space for industry – education collaboration activities.
Professional Training/Education for Industry
Current/Past IIEC Projects
For more information contact:
Dr. Nikos Kiritsis, Director
Institute for Industry - Education Collaboration
McNeese State University
Tel: (337) 475-5857, Email: email@example.com
College of Engineering
and Engineering Technology
Drew Hall Rm. 146
Lake Charles, LA