The mission of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness is to educate, guide, and support assessment activities that advance the university’s mission. Institutional Effectiveness is responsible for coordinating institutional accreditation and for tracking program accreditation by professional accrediting agencies. The Office provides administrative and academic support through dissemination of institutional policies, through revision and maintenance of the Faculty/Staff Handbook and MSU Catalog, and through continual updates to the SACS and IE websites. The Office serves faculty, staff, and students. The goals of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness include the following:
- To assist the VP of Academic Affairs in fulfilling the responsibilities of the Division.
- To serve as the institutional liaison to COC/SACS and the NCAA.
- To advance the notion of assessment as a means to improvement.
- To provide research-based training that utilizes best practices in higher education.
- To communicate assessment activities and requirements to appropriate personnel.
Please contact Tom Dvorske or the IE Office at least 72 hours before any events sponsored by this office to request accomodations for individuals with disabilities. This includes the need for materials in an alternative format such as large print or Braille, sign language interpreters, accessible seating, and accessible parking information.
No IE Events Currently scheduled.