Building Coordinator- General Safety Program 1.04
McNeese State University
Vice President of Business Affairs
Office of Environmental, Health, Safety & Hazardous Waste
- Each building on the McNeese State University campus shall have designated an individual (and alternate) to serve as a Building Coordinator.
- The Building Coordinator shall serve as the primary communication liaison between campus support agencies and the building's occupants.
- Each building coordinator shall:
- Initiate service requests to be sent to Physical Plant personnel.
- Service requests may be sent to Physical Plant personnel by telephone, fax, voice-mail, e-mail or in person.
- Discuss and resolve complaints from building occupants.
- Be the liaison with Facilities and Physical Plant personnel concerning building operations.
- Act as coordinator for building occupants in implementing emergency response and evacuation plans developed and approved by appropriate University personnel.
- Work with the University's Safety Officer to document quarterly building inspections to meet Office Of Risk Management requirements.
- Report conditions that affect disabled individual to the Equity Office for assistance in resolving the issue.
- The designated Building Coordinator (and alternate) shall serve for a minimum of one year.
- There is no limit to the number of consecutive terms a coordinator may serve.